Friday, December 22, 2006

Best and Worst

There was very little news today that was interesting. I thought I'd just take a few moments to talk about this list of the best and worst of 2006 from DV Guru, which is generally a pretty fun site. It's always fun at the end of a year to look back on it and pick apart how things went in retrospect, especially on the scale of the tech industry. I agree with their best move vote going Apple for the switch to Intel, because I honestly think it'll bring them a decent amount of business and make things easier on developers in the long run. I don't think that Xbox 360 was the best move into the living room though. I don't see people getting all that excited about it. I see many more people saying how cool the Wii looks. I hear girls saying this to me, too; not just guys. Anyway, I'm not going to generate more crap to talk about here, the article speaks for itself. I'll probably have my own reflections of the year closer to the end of it.

Again, not much else to talk about. A number of ISPs have taken it upon themselves to traffic shape around torrents, which I find ridiculous since you're paying for the bandwidth and should use it how you see fit. Torrents really do have many legal applications. Anyway, there's a good list over here, you should check it out and avoid those providers for your Internet if at all possible. If you can surf the web from your television, then you should check out SofaTube, which aims to bring YouTube and Revver content to your living room in a nicer format. I think it's kind of a funny idea, but if it works then more power to them. If you're a girl, you may appreciate this article about digitally planning your..err..fertility. When I read the title, I knew I just had to plug it. Lastly, check out this funny prank. He covered his co-worker's office in tinfoil:



I have a couple more trailers for you today. The first is for The Kingdom, which feature Jaimie Foxx trying to track down a bomber in some Middle Eastern country. The trailer actually looks neat, and the movie even features Jennifer Garner, so I hope it turns out well. There's also a really cool trailer for Black Snake Moan, which has Christina Ricci and Samuel L Jackson. It'll make you remember why we all love Sam Jackson so much. The site for Grind House has gone live, and I personally like the design of it. Keep in mind that movie sites are typically Flash-based, so it's not that all sites should be Flash-based, but it does work well for promoting movies. We have a new, more lively poster for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and I like it better than the last one we got because it depicts more what we see in the trailer as the tone of the movie. Lastly, we have our first image of the Silver Surfer. Nothing spectacular, mind you, but still kind of neat.

Now for Friday's Feast:

Appetizer
What is one of your Christmas traditions?

To go to midnight mass on Christmas Eve, which is usually a beautiful service.

Soup
Who is the easiest person on your list to buy presents for?

I don't have one of those =P I guess my brother, but he's still hard to shop for.

Salad
What is your favorite Christmas scent?

Probably heaters. I just like the smell of heat in the winter, my brain has come to associate it with a childhood zeal for the holidays.

Main Course
If you could give a fellow blogger a Christmas gift, who would it be and what would you give them?

I'd probably give Jennyfer a better report card =P She worked so hard only to drop down her GPA. Oh cruel cruel grades, they'll be the death of us all!

Dessert
What's something on your Christmas wish list this year that you need (not just want)?

An iPod Shuffle. I think (and kind of hope) that no one will get it for me. I'd rather everyone get me clothes, but I'll have to get one if no one else does so I can work out without being bored out of my mind.

2 comments:

Reel Fanatic said...

That Black Snake Moan flick just looks crazy, but in all the best ways .. after Hustle & Flow, I'll follow Craig Brewer just about anywhere

Jennyfer said...

Thanks love.

Many good wishes for you too! We've gotta hang out once we're back in ATX.