Joe: "We're going on a beer run, wanna come?"
Peter: "No thanks, I think I'm becoming an alcoholic."
Guys: "What?!" Joe: "Oh my God!"
Peter: "Haha, I'm just kidding. Let's drink til we can't feel feelings anymore."
Yay for Family Guy! I just realized that now that I'm in Austin I can't watch Family Guy because I don't have cable here :( Oh well, it's an even tradeoff for the freedom! Moving on to the main topic, Educational Testing Service, the satanic organization responsible for the SATs, is working on the Information and Communications Technology literacy assessment test. It's supposed to test college students in making good evaluations of material they find in a library and online. They're calling it an information literacy movement, but I don't think it will hold up. The only technological literacy test that would be big is computer literacy, which I think they should start doing. Kids should be able to do basic stuff like spreadsheets and word processing and typing fast and such. But these are the people who made the SAT, so maybe they have a lot of clout with universities. I personally hate standardized testing. If they were more like computer science midterms, they'd actually test for intelligence.
I'm really excited because I FINALLY got my Keane CD!
I'm listening to it right now and I love it. I highly reccomend buying it while Best Buy is selling it for dirt cheap. It goes in the same genre that Coldplay does, but it's not the same as Coldplay of course. I also got my Project: Snowblind beta today so if it'll still let me play it (it came to my apartment 5 weeks ago) I'll put up some impressions tomorrow.
A couple of random tidbits left. Creative has named that its sole purpose this year is to beat out the iPod! I applaud their efforts and will cheer them on because I think Apple has reigned for quite long enough. Creative thinks that it can use the fact that the iPod is dependent on iTunes against them. Oh, and some loser who thinks that people still care about Star Wars is camping out for 139 days because he's an attention whore.
Did anyone watch the Golden Globes? I didn't catch it because I was on a trip to Austin and then had to hit up Gregory before its early closing time, but looking at the results I don't think I missed much. Some of the stuff I wanted to win, like House of Flying Daggers and 24, lost to things I haven't seen.
And now for a meme I love, Monday Madness:
Name your favorite...
1. Family Game - Cranium! It's loads of fun and I play it with my cousins every once in a while. Try it if you haven't.
2. Piece of Jewelry - The wooden cross on a black string that I wear everywhere. It's a good reminder to ground myself when I lose my temper and it reminds me of someone special (other than God, but it does remind me of him too).
3. Winter Activity - I haven't done this yet, but snowboarding! It looks like fun and hopefully I'll try it in the coming years.
4. Hot Beverage - I'd have to say hot chocolate. I hate coffee, and I think that the sugar you get from hot chocolate is enough energy.
5. Quote - So far, I'd have to say the Dijkstra quote that I put up a few days ago: "In their capacity as a tool, computers will be but a ripple on the surface of our culture. In their capacity as intellectual challenge, they are without precedent in the cultural history of mankind."
6. Color on You - Green! My female cousins got me some green clothes and we figured out that it looks best on me! Could it be that I'm part Irish? It would explain a lot ;)
7. Summer Activity - Football! I guess you could play football in other seasons, but it's especially fun in the summer.
8. Topping on Pancakes - Maple syrup is quite tasty, so it gets my vote.
9. Musician - I'd have to say John Frusciante. He's the lead guitar from RHCP and he never ceases to amaze me with his riffs.
Now that school is starting I'll probably start blogging in the evenings rather than early afternoon, but that may change on days when I have extra time in the middle of the day. Anyone who's interesting to see my schedule can check it out on the right sidebar.