Saturday, February 19, 2005

Stewart is Moving Up

There's an old saying in Tennessee - I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee - that says: fool me once, shame on - shame on you. Fool me - you can't get fooled again." (Fahrenheit 9/11)

That's one of my favorite Bushisms, and I first heard it on The Daily Show. Jon Stewart is now trying outside projects with his Busboy Productions. He's still on contract with Comedy Central until 2008, but they've agreed to let him find homes other than the network for his projects. His show is consistently funny, and it really provides a lot of good information for people like me tired of conservative media.

An idiotic lawsuit has been filed against Blockbuster in New Jersey for violating local consumer fraud laws. Apparently their "no more late fees" slogan is misleading in that they charge a nominal restocking fee after a week and force you to buy the movie after 30 days. I think this is a perfectly reasonable policy given that we consider late fees to be a daily thing whereas this is flat. Anyway, there was a cool study conducted about the brain's sixth sense as part of the brain's early warning system. It's hard for me to explain so just read the article for some more info. A lot of accusations against Catholic priests have come up that are of events from 30 years ago. I think it's a bit much to sue someone 30 years late, like it was with those girls who sued Bill Cosby.

Today I actually have some video game news I wanted to convey in yesterday's post, but it was already overweight. First of all, I have to mention this sick flash movie about what happened to Mario after he saves the Princess. It's sad and hilarious at the same time, so Mario fans will want to check it out (thanks to Amiya at the ACM boards). Kazuto Nagazawa, the artist from the anime scene in Kill Bill, is working on the artwork of the new Tales of Legendia game. I mention it because I think he's a cool artist and you can tell already that the game will be pretty. Microsoft has set into motion the program of replacing faulty Xbox cables. In case you didn't hear about it, it turns out that around 14 million Xboxes may have a bad power cable that can catch fire when overheated. I just have to say to M$, "HA!" IGN gave Project: Snowblind, the game where my dumbass had the beta and couldn't play it, a great score. I figured it'd be Editor's Choice and it looks like a great new FPS option for those who have played Half-Life 2 enough (unlike me) for a system lacking Halo 2. IGN also put up some more enemy information about Devil May Cry 3, which I must reiterate looks really kickass. Because there are better Project: Snowblind pictures though, I'll showcase one of them:

I love the art style


The environments look real perty. There's a new Strongbad e-mail up and it's really funny so check it out. It's about Strongbad's recipes.

Now to end this post of randomness with the Saturday Six:

1. Other than Earth, what planet intrigues you the most and why?
I'm not big on astronomy, but I suppose Mars since it seems mildly intriguing that there could be life out there. *shrugs* Plus it was the setting for Total Recall.

2. What is the last business issue you wrote a letter or called to complain about? What's the last thing you complemented a business on?
I complained to Google about some Gmail stuff, but it's still in beta so it's not that bad. I think I also complemented them by the same token for its celerity.

3. When was the last time you had your picture taken? Did you like the way the picture turned out?
Christmas time? I liked the pictures because taking pictures with my cousins is pretty fun and they come out well.

4. What was the last program you watched a rerun of on television?
Family Guy, gotta love it.

5. The land has been referred to, by more than one person, as a community or a neighborhood. What would you call the metaphorical name of the street you reside on here in the land and who are your closest neighbors?
The street of the ghetto? The area my house in Houston is in has become really craptacular and I hope my parents move out when I graduate from college.

6. If you had to write an essay that pertained to 'human life', what opinion or topic about mankind would you choose to write about? (exp. relationships, struggles, accomplishments, etc) And briefly explain why you chose said topic...
I'd say struggles because I find it fascinating how pain can be so satisfying.

No comments: